Thursday, 30 May 2013

Mango Amore and a Mandala :-)

Hey all you lovely people, hope the weather in your city is treating you well :-) Bangalore was blessed with showers a few days back and the city is back to its good old AC like weather. Its so pleasant that I don't feel the need for my jacket to protect myself from the strong sunrays :-) I'm just hoping it continues to be this way.
The other thing I'm enjoying is the Mango season. My dad makes a dessert with mangoes, bananas and honey. Its called "Seekarane". Appa makes the best seekarne!!!! :-)
Seekarane with Chapathi is a great combination. Its high calorie-d, but worth all of it ;-)
I and my sister are both Mango lovers. Though my sister is gorging herself on the American mangoes, she is missing the Indian ones, and I don't miss a single opportunity to make her feel jealous :D hahaha. 
My in-laws have sent a boxful of Alphonso mangoes from Belgaum.  BLISSSSSS!!!! :D:D:D


 I love mango in all forms, be it pickles, chutneys, desserts, milkshakes, falooda, or just like that....
Last night, my husband told my sister about my mango-ean breakfast(Wondering what that is ??? - Two big mangoes for breakfast... hehehe) and guess what my brother-in-law told my husband. About my sister's mango-ean dinner(no prizes for guessing.... Three mangoes for dinner... hehehehe )
It was like " Complaining about a thief to a dacoit " :D

On the crochet front there's been progress at snail's pace. I'd made this colourful mandala long back but I hadn't taken pictures of it. Being a blogger, I don't keep my camera handy.. too bad na????

I was inspired by the pictures in this link. I didn't find the pattern for it, but it looked quite simple to follow, by just looking at it.

 
This is how it started. I like the way the doily grows in size :)













And here comes the finished one with all the boring "weaving in" done :-)


And one more !!! :-) :-) All these colours together just make me so happy.


Don't forget to tell me how you liked it,  I wait to read all your lovely comments.
Will be back soon with a beanie I'm making :-)
Till then, happy crocheting!!!
 Bbye!!!

5 comments:

  1. Toooo good! Love it (now ask me if I liked the mangoes or the Mandala) Hahaha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mangoes..mm... ever since I came to Indian, I liked this fruit! It is totally tasty! I like mango shakes a lot.
    Mandala turned out great! I was myself planning to make one, but got busy with other projects on the way :)
    Looking forward to see your beanie now.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too have the habit of taking mangoes as breakfast. Mouth watering snap of mangoes. mmmm.
    Crochet mandala is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mandala is so beautiful. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mandala looks nice and colourful.

    ReplyDelete