Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Snow and Ice

Hope you all had a great weekend.
The weather was good here and we got to see some sunshine too. But last week it was pretty bad.
I have been facing internet issues for quite sometime and have decided to change my internet connection. To my bad luck the weather was bad the whole of last week and we had a lot of snow collected on the roof. The person who came to install the new connection couldn't locate the cable which was deep buried under snow.

A few pics from the heavy snow week.







This is how my office parking space looked.
I have rescheduled the appointment for this week and I hope it stays clear. So far so good. :-)

On Saturday afternoon I and my husband along with some friends visited the ice fest here. It was a very beautiful sight when we reached the place. Many sculptors were actually carving spectacular sculptures out of a boring sqauarish block of ice right in front of us. 




A beautiful piece in the making.


This was a piece where we could pose by looking through the holes. A lot of people had queued up for this :-)



It was very crowded and I was disappointed as I couldn't take good pics.

After that we went to Walmart for some shopping and as usual I was lost in the craft section for sometime. I bought some yarn. I still haven't decided what I'm going to make with these(This statement just puzzles my husband). Okay maybe not an immediate project but I know I will need lots of colourful yarn in future as I plan to make some cushion covers for my sister. While I get the cushion measurements from her, some yarny preparation on my side wouldn't do any bad. No?? ;-)

A sneak peek into my current WIP.


Any guesses on what I'm going to make ? :-)
Have a great week ahead.

-Ranjitha

2 comments:

  1. HI Ranjitha! Oh, I am thrilled to see your snowy photos!!! I miss snow so so much here!!! In Kazakhtan we used to get snow storms and this much snow too - when you wake up in the morning - everything is white! yey :)
    Also very interesting ice carving festival pics! It is really an art :)
    Well... I don't even tell my husband how much yarn we bought I still didn't find use for..shhh... Want to see the cushion cover soon!
    Hmm...let me guess - more it looks like an embellishment for some accessory. But let us see.
    Take care! Hugs from India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics. It appears you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete