Thursday, 29 May 2014

A trip and my new sewing machine

Its been cloudy /rainy couple of days here in Toronto and the temperature has dropped again. not too low but to 13C. Well, I'm from a country where the metric system is followed, so I have used celsius, kilometres, and kilograms all my life. And if I hear, pounds, miles and fahrenheits I need a few seconds to grasp the magnitude of these measuring units. ;-)

A couple of weeks back when we had a long weekend here in Canada(for Victoria day) I visited the Niagara falls with a few friends of mine. 

A few pics from the trip :-)






 This was one sight that made me feel , something so beautiful can also be life-threatening.

Okay I can go on for hours(I mean words/lines/pages) together talking about random things, so let get back to some crafty stuff.
I know that in my last post, I'd mentioned I would be back with a finished crochet project , but I thought of squeezing in a post on my new sewing machine before that. Well, this beauty definitely deserves a separate post for itself. :-) Don't you think so????






Its a basic sewing machine with 20 stitch functions.
I'm totally in love with it. The lavender,pink and white shades make me smile. 
After inquiring about many sewing machines, reading user reviews, considering my requirements and the budget, I chose this.
I had a SINGER fashion maker in India, but while relocating, unfortunately I couldn't bring it along.

I was amazed by the fact that, there are sewing machines available for even $800-$900 here. Well, I'm not a seamstress and would definitely not spend such a huge amount on a sewing machine.
I just need it for alterations and to save time while crafting, so I found this perfect for me. :-)
How do you like it ??
Do let me know....

Will be back with a new post soon.
Ranjitha
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I've been to Niagara Falls - it's an amazing place.
    I absolutely love your new sewing machine. I love, love the pretty flowers on it. Enjoy your sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi! I too instantly fell in love with it, when I saw those flowers! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ranjitha!
    The waterfall is stunning! The first picture looks like a painitng to me :)Beautiful nature!
    Aww... I also wanted to buy a sewing machine, but not now. I read that Brother company is good, so I am sure it is agood choice of yours. In India I beleive Usha is the best... I wanted to start sewing and quilting. What are you planning to do?
    Have a nice weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I felt so good when I was able to capture the green colour of the water.
      Yes Brother is apparently very good. So even I decided to buy that. In India, USHA and SINGER are good. I had SINGER in Bangalore. Quilting is something even I want to leart, but I need to buy all the quilting supplies yet. I just use it currently to line my crochet bags :-)
      Hugs!!

      Delete
  3. Well don you on buying a new sewing machine, I do believe they can sell for a huge amount. Some of them in the UK are for quite shocking prices! I'm happy with my basic model, it doe for me. I do hope you have fun with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne!! I know, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price initially ;-) Even I'm happy to have a basic model which does what I want. :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow so beautiful! And I so love the machine.... Such a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I have always wanted to visit Niagara Falls. Maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely visit one day. Its amazing. Maybe visit Canada and see the other view too. :-)

      Delete
  6. wow the photos of the Niagara Falls are beautiful!
    your sewing machine is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pearlin! Cute is one word that can describe it for sure. :-)

      Delete
  7. Your sewing machine is very cool and very cute!!:) Looking forward to lots of sewing from you.
    I hope you enjoyed your trip :)
    I have usha stitch magic sewing machine with many embroidery stitches options which I thought would create magical designs on my fabric. But it's pity I don't even manage a straight line while sewing. Now I am thinking of getting a digital one which would automatically do everything for me ;) but I guess Raj will never agree to it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti! I want to sew lots too :-) Hopefull.
      Heheh. I know, I'm a beginner too. Just try to take some time off and start with basic projects. You can start off with a scrunchy, then a headband, then a simple bag/tote. that's what I did. Try to keep it at low speed in the beginning and probably even stop if you feel you need to adjust the fabric. Embroidery is something I've never tried.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful niagara falls. machine is also looking cute. Perfect for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shami! I totally agree, its so girlie! :-)

      Delete