Thursday, 8 May 2014

A week into May

Time is flying. We are a week into May already. It feels like it was a couple of months back when I wrote my first post about relocating to Toronto. But its almost been a year now. 
Its getting warmer here and the tree leaves are coming out. Its nice to be out.

I haven't been crocheting much except for the time I travel to office. The commute is quite long and I crochet in the train. I feel sick if I do it in the bus, but surprisingly not in the train. So I'm happy I do something productive than just stare at the floor everyday :-)

Today I'm popping in to show you all this project I completed a few months back but never got a chance to talk about it. ;-) Its a beautiful knit scarf.


The first time I saw the tutorial for this on youtube, I was amazed. Its a very simple pattern with just knit and purl but at the end we just drop the stitches and stretch it to get this lacy texture. Dropping stitches at the end is quite dangerous for a newbie as a slight mistake could make you knit the whole scarf again. But I was lucky.


Its long enough to be worn in two layers. 
I made this for my husband's cousin. I'd thought of a matching beanie with this, but she doesn't wear beanies, so dropped the plan.

Last weekend I made this mobile pouch to safeguard my new Nexus 5 :-)
Yes It was a gift from my husband!! How sweet of him!!!  ;-)






Till I post again!!
Happy crafting!!!
Ranjitha

13 comments:

  1. Hello Ranjitha, that's a beautiful scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi what a beautiful and unusual scarf you made! I love both projects and you did a great job.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ranjitha! Thanks for visiting me yesterday--such a coincidence that we both happen to be blogging about our husbands buying us new phones :) Your crocheting is lovely--the scarf came out so beautifully, and your phone holder is adorable. Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was such a coincidence :-) and thank you so much for those sweet words!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful and lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ranjitha, thank you for visiting my blog, you do lovely work what a wonderful scarf and it looks so beautiful with the lavender sweater.
      Jackie

      Delete
  5. I'm a beginner knitter too. At first glance I thought the scarf was crochet. It doesn't look knit at all. Interesting pattern. It looks very pretty and living in Toronto you're sure to get much use of it. Your phone pouch turned out nice. following you now too. Thanks for the visit. I hope you come again soon. I'll be back to visit you too.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarf is gorgeous, and the pouch is lovely.
    I feel like starting a new knitting project.

    Romi @ Letters from the Land of Cherry Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf looks wonderful! so you're into knitting too now :) guess i should try my hand on it someday.. is it difficult than crochet?? such a lovely gift from your hubby and nice phone pouch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your knitted scarf! I'm going to have to give it a try once I learn the Purl stitch! LOL

    ReplyDelete