Monday, 30 June 2014

It's a tradition!!!

As my readers would agree, a camera plays a very important role in a blogger's life. For all you know, your next blog post might be inspired by that regular evening walk through the park.
This post required pics from many such walks and everyday commute to office. 

But my husband finds it really funny as I click photos of all random things every now and then for my posts.(And this post is one of them.) He says I behave like Amir Khan in the movie Ghajini(For all non-Indian readers, this is a movie inspired by Memento) :-D
 I was clicking pics of cars , I'm sure onlookers were wondering what I was doing.  

The Fifa World cup fever is quite prominent here in Canada. apparently here in Canada, it's a tradition to display flags of the team you support in the Fifa world cup. 
Quite an interesting tradition , I must say!! When I didn't know about it, I was quite confused to see flags on many cars. 

This tradition makes it interesting here, as Canada has a lot of immigrant population. Had it been in India(for the cricket World cup of course), you would see India flags mostly :-)

England supporter

Spain supporter

French supporter

Chile it is

Spain again!!

No clue!! ;-)

Intercultural marriage ??? Maybe... :-)


Guess these fans want Canada to qualify for the next football World cup!! ;-)

Because I feel it would be fun to display the India flag, I wish India qualified for the World cup! :-P

Till I post again!!
-Ranjitha

4 comments:

  1. Wooohoo! We are not watching the FIFA but tracking the latest events and updates.
    I wish India gave more attention to other sports than cricket... May be some day...
    Such peculiar view of those cars with the flags!
    Oh yea... taking camera with you everywhere is one thing I haven't done for a while... Hope things are great with in Canada, the weather seems good there ) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the same reaction from my hubby when I click pictures for my blog.. Nice to know of the Canadians way of showing their support to their favorite teams.. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty interesting tradition! Here, at work we wear jerseys of the team that we support especially on the days they are playing. It's quite fun...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a great fan of FIFA. But I would surely have loved to see our Indian flag fluttering. I totally agree with you about taking my camera with me wherever I go. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete