I'm posting today about the "Around the world Blog hop" invitation I received from Ruth of Rose Hill Collections. Thank you so much Ruth for inviting me. :-) Ruth is a also a crocheter and a knitter. Her creations are beautiful and her speed in crocheting is what amazes me. Do visit her blog and you'll see it for yourself. :-)
Well, like a blog award this blog hop invitation comes with a few responsibilities too. I mean a few questions :-)
So here I go
1. What am I working one?
Hmmm I usually have multiple projects going on, but currently the project consuming most of my time is a knitted baby set. I'm planning to make a baby vest, a beanie and a pair of booties. I'm quite new to knitting.
I've knitted only scarves before this. So this is my first ever knitted baby set. And dropped stitches are still a bit of a worry. I'm sure I'll grow more confident with time.
2. Why do I write/create what I do?
Well creating is something I started because I wanted to kill boredom after returning home from office. My husband's work place was very far from home, so he would return home late. So there was no way I could make the wait shorter, but crochet would definitely make it feel shorter.
After I started creating, I felt the need to document my creations somewhere, so what better than a blog. It helps me keep track of my what I make and express my passion towards it, in words as well.
3. How does my writing/creation process work ?
I'm a slave to patterns available online. I sometimes feel I should try to create a pattern of my own, but never find time as it requires a lot of experimetation. Maybe someday.
I mostly have multiple projects going on simulatneously, this not only keeps me from getting bored but also helps me complete them faster.
I usually have one project for home and another for my commute to office. :-)
Everytime I create something I take a lot of photos. With time I have improved a lot on photography. I have a regular point and shoot camera. Nothing great.
But I invest a lot of time in capturing many pics of my work to get the shot that satisfies me. And I believe this has sometimes helped my work get more appreciation than I expected. I would love to have a DSLR very soon and my birthday is also approaching(so I hope my husband is reading this too ;-) ) Hehe.
Here comes the last step. I need to find some bloggers whom I would pass this on to.
I would like to nominate these people:
1. Anitha from A little love everyday : She's a multi talented blogger friend of mine. She crochets, sketches and is interested in quilling too. Her crocheted dolls are amazingly beautiful. :-) If interested do give her a visit and check out her latest crochet doll. :-)
2. Anna from "Cultures' chord by Hindustanka". She's a lovely friend who also crochet and writes about her inter-cultural experiences in India. She has recently had a baby, so if you want to wish her, click here. :-)
3. Dassana from "veg recipes from India". She has an amazing food blog where she post recipes which can make you drool. I love her step by step pictures which just make them so easier to follow.
And this brings my list of to-do things for this weekend to an end.
I'm exhausted and it's time to hit the sack.
Wishing you all a great week ahead.
Till I post again!